Skip to main content

OHHH NOOO HERE WE GO AGAIN. SINGLE ON VALENTINE'S DAY

Ok Sisters now before you go getting all flustered, planning your men bashing parties and worse...depressed. Lets start with this. As valentines day draws near it never ceases to amaze me how emotions can be controlled by an event or holiday. Biblically, valentines day is a pagan holiday and something a Christian should really care less about. If you ask me,  love is something to celebrate every single day of the year. However, it is ok to show expressions of love to your mate on valentines day if that is your choice. Unfortunately for some, This is the time of year to become discontent, look at other peoples' relationships and begin to envy and wonder why can't that be me? Or I wish that were me? What's wrong with me? These are questions that you, as a child of God shouldn't be even asking yourself.  I hate to use the D word but some of us just get plain desperate. Always remember That God has you right Where He wants you and He makes NO mistakes. So even if you are in the middle of a break up or divorce right now, understand this is all apart of Gods plan for your life. Learn from it and grow. Be thankful that you are not the one stuck in a fake ungodly marriage or relationship. He's pulling you away from someone that He never designed for you in the first place, so don't question it, just draw closer to God and embrace it. You see many photos of happy couples and families on Social media but everything that glitters is not gold,  so never ever envy another person's relationship. You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, or what successful couples have to go through to make their marriages work. The most perfect "looking" relationship is oftentimes the worst one. No marriage or relationship is perfect, each one has it's own set of issues. No negativity intended toward the truly happily saved and married couples, God bless you but this is reality for single folks. Some people feel that being single is some type of curse.  Paul in the book of Corinthians called being single a gift,  so why don't we treat it that way?  It's because we are too caught up in what everyone else is doing and what the world says we as Christians should be doing. Who said that having a family, house in the suburbs and a dog is how it's supposed to be for everyone? Guess what? It's not. Where does it say in the bible that's what God wants for us? Nowhere. That was never our purpose in life,  Living for God is, and the day some of us realize that service to Him is the reason we were created is the day we will truly find peace and be blessed in our lives.  If it's not meant for you to be in a relationship right now, make peace with that and wait on God if you desire marriage. Accept Him as your portion first and even if marriage never happens, if you are truly living for God you will have peace with it. God's word says to Seek FIRST,  the kingdom and His righteousness and ALL things shall be added unto you. God can't lie so rest and trust in that. No need To scramble around looking for a man Or Calling up that person you haven't talked to in a year that you KNOW isn't the one for you out of desperation.  As long as you focus on your Godly walk, your spouse that The Lord has created just for you will come so Enjoy your single season. Have a dinner date with Jesus or your kids if you have them. Do something nice for Yourself, or better yet for someone else. Your life should never be defined by a relationship.  Set your eyes on the Heavenly Father and leave them there. Next thing you know, you will be so fulfilled that it will absolutely amaze you.  Understand that you can be completely happy either way, single or married.  I personally think my home is much more functional now as a single mom than it was when I had a husband, because I didn't know God back then the way I Do now. If marriage happens it will only enhance what God has already blessed and completed in my life. My point is, a relationship should never complete you, your life should already be complete prior to marriage. Get to know Jesus first before even entertaining the idea of a marriage or a Relationship, get in his word, that way you will now how to handle things when you get there. We tend to put relationships, careers, other people on pedestals even above Christ. Or we are trying to find a spouse before finding God. I've done it before. That's why valentines day has such a negative impact on some people. If that's what's going in your life, That's a problem. God must ALWAYS be THE most important relationship in your life no exceptions.  When we idolize our relationships over Him, we become complacent In our Walk.  Everything is going so good and Lord I'm soooo happy, then we forget about Him.  What about what He brought you through. Remember that? We just forget. We may not say those words, but it's all in our actions. There must be a balance. If your relationship scales are tipped away from God, fix it before He does it for you. God loves you and will strip you of things that separate you from him. Yes my friend, even your marriage or relationship. Why? Because These are things that can put your very salvation in jeopardy.  Put God in the center of EVERYTHING and He WILL bless it.  So yes your timeline on social media will be filled with the usual, gifts and couples sharing their love on valentines day and that should have absolutely NO effect on you. Be happy with your portion. Don't let being single on valentines Day or any other day get you down, allow Jesus to hold you up as you lift Him up. You can't go wrong with that. *smile*  May God bless you, and may the peace of The Lord be with you.

Our Daily prayer...


Heavenly Father, allow me to find my purpose in life that you have designed for me. Let that be my delight as I strive to fulfill that divine purpose. Let your Holy Spirit Lead me to live righteous and be faithful to your will and your way, whether I am married or single. Help me to always remember that You are the source of my happiness and peace not an event or relationship. Lord I thank you and I rejoice In knowing  that  I am complete and never alone because of You. In Jesus name.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time for Healing: Freedom Now

 Have you seen my new book teaser?  If not click on the video here and enjoy. I'm currently over 100 pages in and it feels like God is speaking to my heart as I'm writing.  I mean He is just pouring into me right now and I love it. When I think about how many woman are going to be set free from bondage and receive breakthroughs that are going to shame the devil it makes me want to throw my laptop and start shouting! Well, maybe not throw my laptop but you know where I'm going with this, I am super excited.  I'm talking about chains being broken all over the world! I just came back from Los Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and the beauty of that place just reminded me of how great and awesome God is and also how amazingly beautiful Heaven is going to be. God says it has not entered into man's imagination what He has planned for us in the Kingdom. We are children of a King so it's time for us to come out of bondage and become the royalty that we are. I'm preparing to r

How to Beat the Defeated Mindset

Have you ever gotten into a situation that didn’t go anything like you planned? The first thought is to feel frustrated, defeated and hopeless.   Your mind begins to create situations that haven’t even happened making you feel like you’re stuck. Next, you lose motivation to be proactive in changing your unfavorable circumstances.   You may even begin to succumb to feelings of sadness and depression. That’s a spirit that you must free yourself of.   How do we do that? Through prayer and constant communication with God no matter how you bad you think things are and making a choice not to let our circumstances govern our lives. Decide to win and that with God you will NEVER lose . Understand that feeling defeated is a MINDSET and a crafty trick of the enemy.  There is always a way to make things better and God will order your steps if you ask and allow Him to.   In order t o do this we must exercise our faith which is a little difficult when there seems to be no light at the end of the

How Often Should I Study God's Word?

  Studying the Fig Tree Parable That's an easy one! Everyday .  I wish every question in the world was as easy to answer as that. You should be in that word every single day. Now I understand the demands of life pulls us in every direction especially if you are a wife, mother, or even a grandmother but it is imperative that we give our spirits God's daily bread in order to survive each day. It is our food and keeps us spiritually healthy and whole. You wouldn't go for days without eating because what would happen? You would eventually die right? Well, the same thing applies to God's word. Your spirit slowly starves to death when you don't get fed with God's word. Then you become hungry and thirsty for the wrong things in life. In the end you become, lost and biblically ignorant in this world. I've been there and it is a terrible place to find yourself.  I know you're busy but that same 30 minutes you just spent on facebook can be spen