Skip to main content

Why It's Important to Free Ourselves From Sin

Sin is a touchy subject to talk about  but so important as we work on our relationships with God. Most of the time when we talk about removing sin from our lives,  people automatically say you are being self righteous and judgmental of others. For some that may be the case but I'm not ashamed to admit that I personally struggle every single day with it.  Sometimes I have stop myself from popping off at someone who cuts me off in traffic, gossiping with friends, or saying something negative about my ex husband around
my children, etc. Over the years, it has gotten much easier for me because I don't want the guilt and shame that comes along with the sin. It feels so much better when I'm doing God's work and walking the way He tells me to. I'm so blessed because there was a time in my life where I totally ignored God and did what I wanted. Ultimately, I paid a high price for that. I learned hard lessons but it made me wiser today. When I do slip,  that conviction of the Holy Spirit corrects me and gets me in line. That's the beauty of fully surrendering your heart to Jesus. The good thing about God is, He forgives when we turn away from these things. When you constantly meditate on and study His word, it will speak to your heart and the conviction will put you in your place. I don't know about you but I don't want to hurt God and because I know that's what I'm doing when I don't keep His commandments, I try my hardest not to disobey Him. It's hard because my flesh wants to rise up against me but we have to take control by letting the Holy spirit inside of us bind that sin in by the blood of Jesus.  God honors us when we take on that type of mindset. One that is set on pleasing Him. So even if we try and fail or slip, (and we will in these flesh bodies)  we just get back up and keep trying. That's called striving for God.  I love Him so much that I will fight the enemy to be more like Him. The reason why it is a matter of life and death when it comes to repenting and giving up those bad habits, is because sin is the very thing that separates us from God causing us to block our own blessings. Many of us struggle our entire life because of sin and sadly, some of us will die in it. Don't let this be you, pray daily and commune with God about it and he will deliver you.. Romans 8:7  the carnal mind is enmity (or separation) against God. I absolutely love Romans 8 because it goes into detail about sin and the importance of avoiding it. Romans 8:6 says for to be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. That speaks volumes about impact of sin on our lives. Death. When we choose to ignore His commandments, we make life so much harder for ourselves than it has to be.  We begin to feel like we are walking in some sort of curse because EVERYTHING seems to go wrong. Truthfully, we ARE walking in a curse when we make a choice to  knowingly disobey God. I have certainly been there. Simply put, how can we expect God to bless us if we are not obedient?  Do we reward our children when they don't do what we say. No. So with God being our Father, doesn't it make sense that He will allow us to go through storms we create for ourselves so we can learn our lessons and prayerfully, not go back to the same old stuff again?  God doesn't reward His children for bad behavior. In fact, scripture says the wrath of God will fall on the children of disobedience, however,  if we look at Roman 8:1 it says there is NO condemnation to those of us that are in Christ Jesus. Those of us who walk in the spirit are free of sin. It also says in Romans 8:2 For the law of the spirit of LIFE in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. However those of us who walk in the flesh are not subject to this law and are not free yet  So they do their own thing not bound to spiritual law which makes them open to attacks from Satan. This is why it is crucial that we remove sin so that the enemy does not have an open door into our lives. Jesus Himself condemned sin in the flesh because he new the end result of it is death. We need to do the same so that we don't forfeit our gift of eternal life.  I have been in he eye of a storm and watched God deliver me to the point I had no choice but to throw my hands up and say that was nobody but God. Once you have a few of those testimonies under your belt your faith will get stronger and each time something happens, you will learn to trust in God's timing. However if you are allowing sin to rule over your life it makes it harder to come out of that storm. Have you ever been there? I'm sure we all have. So today, make a pact with yourself to try your hardest to walk in the spirit of God and allow His blessings to overtake you.

Romans 8:8 So then, those who are in the flesh can not please God
Romans 8:10 and if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of righteousness


Our Daily Prayer...Say it with me

Father forgive me for my sins. Help me to be drunk in your spirit and immersed in it to the point that all I can see is the need to live holy. Protect my life God and give me the strength to walk away from my sins and never look back. I know that within your spirit is peace and within the flesh is only death. I need you father I can't do this without your Holy Spirit leading me to righteousness. I give you glory on this day as I give my life completely to you. I trust you Jesus and by faith I believe that you will deliver me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time for Healing: Freedom Now

 Have you seen my new book teaser?  If not click on the video here and enjoy. I'm currently over 100 pages in and it feels like God is speaking to my heart as I'm writing.  I mean He is just pouring into me right now and I love it. When I think about how many woman are going to be set free from bondage and receive breakthroughs that are going to shame the devil it makes me want to throw my laptop and start shouting! Well, maybe not throw my laptop but you know where I'm going with this, I am super excited.  I'm talking about chains being broken all over the world! I just came back from Los Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and the beauty of that place just reminded me of how great and awesome God is and also how amazingly beautiful Heaven is going to be. God says it has not entered into man's imagination what He has planned for us in the Kingdom. We are children of a King so it's time for us to come out of bondage and become the royalty that we are. I'm preparing to r

How to Beat the Defeated Mindset

Have you ever gotten into a situation that didn’t go anything like you planned? The first thought is to feel frustrated, defeated and hopeless.   Your mind begins to create situations that haven’t even happened making you feel like you’re stuck. Next, you lose motivation to be proactive in changing your unfavorable circumstances.   You may even begin to succumb to feelings of sadness and depression. That’s a spirit that you must free yourself of.   How do we do that? Through prayer and constant communication with God no matter how you bad you think things are and making a choice not to let our circumstances govern our lives. Decide to win and that with God you will NEVER lose . Understand that feeling defeated is a MINDSET and a crafty trick of the enemy.  There is always a way to make things better and God will order your steps if you ask and allow Him to.   In order t o do this we must exercise our faith which is a little difficult when there seems to be no light at the end of the

How Often Should I Study God's Word?

  Studying the Fig Tree Parable That's an easy one! Everyday .  I wish every question in the world was as easy to answer as that. You should be in that word every single day. Now I understand the demands of life pulls us in every direction especially if you are a wife, mother, or even a grandmother but it is imperative that we give our spirits God's daily bread in order to survive each day. It is our food and keeps us spiritually healthy and whole. You wouldn't go for days without eating because what would happen? You would eventually die right? Well, the same thing applies to God's word. Your spirit slowly starves to death when you don't get fed with God's word. Then you become hungry and thirsty for the wrong things in life. In the end you become, lost and biblically ignorant in this world. I've been there and it is a terrible place to find yourself.  I know you're busy but that same 30 minutes you just spent on facebook can be spen